Monday, January 5, 2009

Twas the week before Christmas...

 
Posted by Picasa

....and our entire household was sick, sick, sick! We have all been sick since Thanksgiving with a variety of "diseases"....it was just one thing after another!!! (This was the last week of us all being sick...and we were very ill the entire week)
Whoever had the worst fever at the time spent the day in front of the fireplace...because it just felt better to be there. We made a bed in the middle of the living room and watched movies for days. We also spent alot of time sleeping, crying, pacing and giving out medicine. Curtis obviously has Tylenol in him for this picture! (he was also teething and was not happy otherwise)

I had finally had enough and so we called in the elders to give us all a blessing of healing. We left a message with one of their wives and when he called back, he said, "I hear Jeff needs a blessing?". "No actually...we all do," I said. I think he might have been a little overwhelmed! I am so grateful at the end of this Holiday season for the church and for all of the wonderful people that are members. My sweet visiting teacher brought us in a meal, twice! I am grateful for the priesthood and for a loving Heavenly Father who knows each of us and can help us through hard times, if we but ask. We, as a family, have had some amazing experiences these past few weeks and I am so grateful that we are able to learn and grow through our trials.

4 comments:

Crystal Hadlock said...

So sad! I hope you all are starting to feel better :)

Petersons said...

Glad it's getting over with! It sucks when me or the kids are sick because my job hates me....
I wish I could be a stay at home Mom. The giant bed in the living room sounds nice!
Goodness, your baby is so big! All his hair...he's so cute!!

Taunya said...

I hope you are all illness free for the rest of the year!
Thanks for your comment on my blog about Briana, and I love her to pieces, but enjoy those girls when they are little! That's all I'm going to say. I don't want to scare you too much.
(p.s. Okay, one more thing... you may want to start checking out boarding schools now...)

Alisha said...

I hope you are all feeling better.