Monday, May 18, 2009

Little Blessings

 
We went for a drive yesterday and saw these flying near the Snake River. They are White American Pelicans...they were majestic and quiet and beautiful. I thought that you had to live near the ocean in order to see pelicans. Here's a little tidbit: They have a 9 foot wingspan...it was incredible! We saw seven of them with two babies flying back to their homes, I assume. I only wish that I had taken my camera because this picture doesn't do them justice. As we drove around our new city yesterday looking for all of the "hip spots", (think of Nephi or Sanpete, Ut) I couldn't help but think about all of my blessings and all of the wonderful times that I have ahead of me. What a wonderful time it is to be living! I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father for all of the little gifts that he gives to me each day. It is so very cheesy, but seeing those birds yesterday was one of those gifts. Lots of Love to all of you!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

We can do hard things! said...

Hope you can see the picture...because I can't on my computer for some reason! :}

Andrea said...

Hey, how are you doing? How is the new place? What do you mean, 'new city'? I thought you just moved back to the old ward?!? Your kids are darling, and getting so big! I'm glad you have a blog so I can keep up with you guys!!