Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Am I cute, or what?

I was reading in the Reader's Digest the other day and the author of one particular story said, "You have to look a little silly before you can have any fun." (I might be paraphrasing) Well...need I say more? I especially want to thank Shay for making me take the very last pose...she placed my hands where she wanted them and took the pic. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow! We had so much fun for those 45, or so, minutes. Jeff dared me to go out to Walmart, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

I have decided that I need to take this author's advice to heart. I realized that I am worried (more than I should be) about looking silly in front of my kids or husband. I don't want my kids to remember me as the stuffy mom who wouldn't play with them. I don't feel like I have that attitude, but I am sure that my busyness and hurried manner must come across that way to my children. So, bring on the silly and fun behavior! I am ready!!!

On another note...I have the cutest thing made up to post that has all of our summer fun and first day of school pics, but I can't get it to work. I am still trying to figure it out because it is too cute to not post. Hope to have it up soon. I have stolen the kids say the cutest things from my friend Kate...hope you don't mind!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Once I saw you with your hair like that in Junior High. It was cute then and it's cute now!

I know, I love the "Kid Quotes" that people have! One day I hope to have one on my sidebar.

Alisha said...

You look great! It looks like you all had a good time. Thats what its all about right?

I loved the kids money making ideas. A few years back my boys drew pictures to sell at a "lemonade stand".

ranae said...

Chelesta, you look darling.I love it when my kids play with my  hair, I think if feels good...except I have to bribe mine...maybe it will be different when MaKayla gets older.The pictures of your kids are so cute...I love all of Curtis's dark hair.

Kate said...

So cute! I really loved that last pose, even before you told the story behind it.

Will you send your kids to my house? I would pay to have somebody play with my hair for 45 minutes! (I'd probably fall asleep.)

We can do hard things! said...

I love to have the older kids play with my hair. Jessee however! The brush she was using has a wood back...It was killing my head! if they would just brush it it would be awesome, but all of the braiding and ponytail making left me with quite the headache. It was still worth it, though!

Petersons said...

I remember doing that to my Mom when I was little....I thought it was so much fun. What a good Mom you are :)

Janae Downey said...

Hi Chelesta! I wish my boys would do my hair or else give me foot massages like Natalie's kids do! We sure enjoyed you visiting us in Las Vegas. Hope the kids are enjoying school! I love the picture of Curtis, you have such cute kids! JaNae

Juber Family said...

Hello Stueck family! I am so glad I found your blog (with no help whatsoever from Matt ;) It is so nice to see what everyone is up to and it looks like you guys are in a really happy place in life. Hopefully this will make it a lot easier to keep in touch.
P.S. Your kids are adorable!

We can do hard things! said...

Mistie...I would love an invite to your blog. I would love to see how you guys are doing! So glad you found us!!!