Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lunch at Le' Stueck

So, I got in the shower the other day and left the kids in charge of making their own lunch. They do this all the time and have become quite good at it. They came running into my room (very excitedly) when I got out of the shower and said they had something to show me. I was instantly worried! I tried to remain calm and not jump the gun. They had made me lunch...thank goodness it was only that.

What we have here is honey, bananas and a candy bar (just as a side note...that is a corn on the cob holder there in the bananas). Little do they know that I hate...and I do not use this word very lightly...hate, bananas and honey. Candy bars, however are another story! So anyways, I had to do my best to act excited about it...all the while I am thinking, "how am i going to get out of taking a bite of this sandwich?" Luckily for me they ate quickly and I was able to have a few fake bites!! They were so thrilled that I had eaten their lunch and they were so proud of themselves...I didn't have the heart to tell them about me not liking it.

Jacob said that he had made dessert and this is what I found in the kitchen. The damage was only minimal. This is some sort of honey-candy bar mixture. There were about 6 candy bar wrappers on the counter. I never saw the delicious concoction however, only the remains! I wonder what happened to it...Jacob.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

ranae said...

Wow! Now that looks yummy! Lucky you....
What cute kids to think of you. Before you know it they will end up on the food channel.

Unknown said...

That's definitely a story to save for the future. So funny. I don't know about the honey and bananas but I might be up for a candy bar sandwich.

Lindsey said...

Yeah I would take a candy bar sandwich any day, too! But mine would be a Reese's and instead of bread I would use regular Hershey bars.

My question is: do people actually eat bananas and honey together? Because that just sounds sick. I've never heard of that...

Michelle Simmons said...

Hello.. How are you?? You look great and your family is adorable.
Not sure if you remember me.. Michelle Miller... Keep in touch. HOw is your sister???

Maria said...

Oh my gosh that is SO cute! oh the things kids think of!!!
I was so happy to get your comment!! We should be at the reunion so that'll be fun to see you guys again! I can't believe it's been a year!!! but yes, the last time we were up there was July last year... you had just found out that you were pregnant!!! and now he's 4 months?? how time flies!!! Well, we hope to see you soon! (the Rasmussens)