Tuesday, July 15, 2008

B-bque Chicken Salad

So, I have a salad recipe that is divine! When I heard that our neighborhood was having a block party and there were going to be prizes for the best salad and dessert...you can bet that I was all over that one. I pulled out all of the stops with this one and did the fancy version (as opposed to the not so fancy version that I usually serve my family). I just knew that I was going to win, so I had Jeff take a picture of it so I could brag about it later when I won! Sure enough....I won! We won 4 tickets to the local zoo. Woohoo for me. And yes...my hair is now blonde. I am loving it...thanks to my newish sister-in-law, Trina! (Graham's wife) Here is my recipe that can be adapted for your families likes and dislikes. I have entered it into a real cooking contest...so we will see!


Barbeque Chicken Salad

3-4 Grilled chicken breasts (season how you like)- cool and cube
Medium Cheddar cheese- cubed
Purple or white onion
1 package of noodles- al dente, cooled (they will absorb moisture and soften)
1/2 package of crisp bacon (cooked in the microwave makes it very crispy)
Mayonaise (not salad dressing)- about 1 cup
Barbeque Sauce -about 1 1/2 cup ( I like Kraft sweet and spicy flavor)
A little bit of salt and pepper (opt)
1/2-1 tsp. garlic salt (opt)
1/2-1 tsp. onion powder (opt)

Combine and cool for at least one hour. If you cool for too long, then the noodles absorb the sauce and you will have to add more. I do all of the ingredients to taste. You might want it more "soupy", so you will want to add more sauce ingredients. I always add about a 1/2 cup more b-bque sauce than mayo. (just as a reference) Onions and cheese are to taste as well. If you want a quicker version: add one can of chicken chunks, packaged bacon bits, and already grated cheese. It makes up very quickly and Jeff loves to eat it at room temperature. Hope you like it!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ranae said...

Your home looks way cute! I am so happy for you. I can't wait to try your salad...I am all for trying new things.

Petersons said...

Thanks for the recipe! i'm gonna try it. Your house is beautiful! I hope you love Idaho.