Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ShayLeigh's Baptism

Our sweet Shay was baptized a memeber of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints on November 1, 2008 in Lehi, Utah. She was baptized and confirmed by Jeff. Shay was baptized at the same time as her cousin Brexton Despain who is Chantel and Dusty's oldest. They were born 12 days apart and then they were blessed on the same day, so we thought that it would be fun to continue the tradition. It was an unseasonably warm, beautiful day and every single member of our family was in attendance. Even our Las Vegas family. What a special thing for us to have everyone there. We had a nice dinner afterward that Chantel provided for everyone and I think that we all had a wonderful day! I just want to thank everyone for being there ( I know that it meant alot to Shay to have all of her uncles stand in the circle and to have all of our loved ones there) and for making it such a special day! I should also give a special thanks to cousin Jackson for playing the music while everyone waited. He doesn't usually play primary songs, but he willing accepted and it was a beautiful addition to the meeting.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh man. This makes me so sad and jealous! We are still waiting for Kimalie to be baptized. She will be 9 in a couple weeks. We are hoping custody will change at the end of this month, and that is one of the first things we will do if it does!! Congrats Shay!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations beautiful Shay!

Jes said...

Congrats to Shay! That is awesome! I am sorry we missed the party. More than half our household was sick that night! I'm glad you had fun and don't worry, I will save our lip sync for next year for sure!!!